And so I have begun my trip in New York!
I flew in on Wed, June 18th at around 1030pm EST on American Airlines. Twas a long flight, bc of the time difference (+3hrs), but at the end of it I was greeted by a familiar face - Willem! Helloo cousin (and roommate, Kevin), thank you for retrieving me and taking me to your cozy, 4th floor Williamsburg apartment. I hope that I didn't disrupt your day-to-day life too much. Thank you for the jaunts around 'the city' known as Manhattan, with all it's multiple personalities - SoHo, Upper East Side, Midtown, and NoHo. I enjoyed meeting your friends who are: engaged/single, male/female, yogurt shop creators/deli owners, and/or poker enthusiasts/bar hoppers. I also appreciate your offer to help me take my luggage to my 3rd floor NYU dorm. I was set free - feeling a tiny bit like a local with my half-week of NY encounters and empowered with an unlimited month-long subway pass.
And so I have gone around traveling this city/town/society! Here's the breakdown
Sun: Gizzi, Spice, Walgreens, Whole Foods
Mon: class, lunch w/Josephine - falafel, Rice to Riches; Chinatown, NoHo, SoHo, Greenwich Village; found the New Museum closed... Yogurtland!
Tues: class, lunch in the dining hall, shopping at 5th Ave - Bendels, LV, Saks, Rockefeller Center, dinner w/Willem in 'K-town', free Red Mango; bookshop
Wed: woke up late, had brunch, lunch w/aunt+uncle; GYM!
Thurs: UN TRIP, press conference w/Ban Ki Moon, talk by Maggie Farley of the LA Times, tour, 2 speakers - security council, peacekeeping; GYM!
Fri: breakfast in dining hall, GreenMarket in Union Square - bought 6lbs + of a whole variety of apples, sample sales! - Alexander Wang, United Bamboo; shopping around Broadway; E train, 6 train uptown to Whitney Museum - ACME and Times New Vicking
Sat: Chelsea Flea Market, rainnn; movie: The Last Mistress
Sun: New Amsterdam Public Market, rainnn, New Museum, K-Town - Woorijip
No comments:
Post a Comment